Thursday, August 14, 2008

Memorizing With Joy


Take a look at these kids reciting 1 Corinthians 9:24-27! As I watched them reciting, I was seriously in shock. Now, I have heard kids recite scripture before but these kids were so excited as they recited it. Not only that, but they had the coolest body motions to go along with the verse. :)
I felt like I was being passionately preached to by a group of little kids. Their recitation was reminiscent of how C.J. Mahaney preaches, especially as they motioned and recited, "Run in such a way as to get...the...prize!" I was soooo blown away and encouraged to not only memorize but to memorize with joy and passion that comes naturally with the life that the verses bring. You be encouraged as well! If these kids can memorize and do it with passion and joy, so can you! Run in such a way as to get...the...prize!

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize."
1 Corinthians 9:24-27

No comments: