Sunday, August 10, 2008

Memorize Scripture


I spent this past week in Pennsylvania and it was one of the most refreshing weeks I could have had and a gift from the Lord. General and Mrs. Buckingham had a bunch of us young folks over for dinner one of the nights. They are always such a sweet and encouraging couple and have never stopped serving the Lord together. After dinner they made us some of their famous milkshakes and then General B led us in a devotional. One thing that has stuck with me was an encouragement to memorize scripture. He said many young people come to him for advice looking for direction in their lives especially in the area of waiting for their future spouse. He said he always encourages them to memorize scripture and that the Lord will speak to them as they do. I was like, "Yes, that is so good!" I have always experienced the Lord speaking me to in profound ways as I memorize scripture. As I seek the Lord for what he has for my life, he is already giving me vision as I seek Him in his Word. Thank you General and Mrs. B for encouraging us and pointing us to where our true joy is in the Savior!

No comments: