Tuesday, May 08, 2007

A Kiss Of Kindness


This past week I was reunited with one of my best friends, Eric Madonia. I remember last time I had seen him I had dropped him off at the airport in Atlanta after the Passion conference. As I drove away, I remember crying so much thinking that I wasn't going to see him for maybe two years. Little did I know that God's graciousness would have me meeting Eric out near the Indian Ocean of all places! His ship happened to pull alongside ours so that we could give his ship a translator we had on board. During that time, Eric was able to come over to my ship for about an hour. The picture above was taken after he came up to where I was standing watch and surprised me! We were able to go to my room on the ship and spend some time talking and praying. It was such a sweet time though as it was taking place, I couldn't believe it was happening! It was such an encouragement to my soul and was certainly a kiss of kindness from God.

2 comments:

Billie said...

What a sweet story of God's kindess. It reminds me of the hope we have of meeting loved ones that have gone to heaven. What a joy that will be. I hope your day is going well. -Billie Stewart

Anonymous said...

Patrick! How neat for you to be reunited with a dear friend...and under such circumstances! That is just like God, isn't it? Praying for you! ~ Lizzy