Sunday, May 27, 2007

Sam and Granny Nanny


I found this picture of my little brother Sam and couldn't resist using it because of who is standing next to him. She will be our special guest for this post. She is my grandmother on my dad's side, otherwise known as Granny Nanny Darling! She didn't want to be called Grandma so she made up her own nickname. I will come back to her but for now I need to talk about Sam. Sam is my little brother. He is very smart and enjoys school (or atleast he seems to!). He loves soccer which is something all of us kids in the family love. He seems very socially mature for his age and I am somewhat jealous of him for that. When I was his age I was so frustrated with the whole dilemma of having to talk to people and do all the small talk it takes to first grow close with people. Sam seems to handle awkward social situations with relative ease. He also has a passion for the Lord which is encouraging to see.
Sam, the more you discipline yourself in the Lord now and pursue purity in everything, the easier it's going to be when you are where I am now! I'm sure you read my last last journal entry in the family journal. Though it doesn't seem like it when you're young, we have one life and it is so short! Don't waste time with anything other than pursuing Christ with all your passion and affections.
I am thankful for a brother like Sam who I can look forward to closer friendship with as we grow older. What a blessing! I'll never get tired of playing board games with you and Laura! You guys better not get tired of it either! :)
You can tell from the picture that Granny Nanny is very adoring of Sam. Can you believe she used to be a Marine? And not only that, she was in the Peace Corps in South America and also used to live in Alaska! She had a cat when I was little named Purrsnikitty. Granny Nanny would write postcards to me as if they were actually written and signed by her cat! I still remember actually reading the postcards and asking my mom how Granny Nanny's cat learned to write! Also, one of the reasons Sam and the rest of us in the family love to read and write is because of Granny Nanny's infectious love for both of these things. We all are so thankful for her and only wish that we could see her more!
Sam and Granny Nanny, I love both you guys so much and don't know what life would be like without you guys! I have a big kiss waiting for you Granny Nanny and big hug for you Sam next time I see you all!

No comments: