Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Riding the Bus in the Morning

I just had wonderful memory as I was standing outside on the ship this morning of riding the bus to school when I was little. On mornings in the spring, riding the bus was especially refreshing. There would always be atleast a few windows cracked open and fresh spring air would be lightly circulating throughout the bus. Sometimes I would have a book that I was into and it was so wonderful to be wrapped up in a story as the familiar scene passed by outside.
School would pass by as well with all its presumed importance as I would steal brief minutes in my book. While the morning busride would have more of a peaceful, melancholy sweetness, the afternoon busride was happier and full of anticipation as I look forward to more time reading, playing outside, and of course, eating a good afterschool snack with some kool-aid. Now that is a memory that makes me smile:)

No comments: