Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Imagining Myself in the Future

I've been listening to some chill music today and something about it is making me have these very peaceful imaginings of the future. Like I imagine myself on the day when I walk off this ship for the last time. I already can imagine some of the thoughts I will be having then. Thoughts maybe of wishing I had done things differently or that I had been more faithful. I don't think these thoughts will the most powerful in my mind though. The most overwhelming thoughts will be those of thankfulness. I have been on my ship for less than a year and already I am so thankful for all that God has done and is doing. Every day I wonder how someone like me is on a ship doing the things that I'm doing. I would not have chosen this for myself and yet every day I am amazed by fresh grace that flows from heaven.

It's so crazy to imagine the future because the possibilities are endless, so endless, but oh what a thought that God's faithfulness will be there no matter what happens! Truly he is an anchor for our souls and is the only place where we can find rest.

Surely goodness and mercy will follow me
all the days of my life!

No comments: