Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Shawarmas

A beautiful sunny, cool and breezy day in Bahrain was made even more beautiful by three delicious mega shawarmas from the local shawarma stand. As a former shawarma-skeptic I was coaxed into trying one months ago at the very same stand. I bought my sample from the nice Arab man for the wonderful price of $1.50 and sat down to eat. It wasn't long before I was ordering two more. Simply delicious and addicting!
A mega shawarma, my personal favorite, is a soft, warm tortilla/pita filled with thin pieces of marinated meat, lettuce, french fries and a white sauce. It seems a little odd which was why I was skeptical at first but afterwards I would not have been able to stop to tell you about it because my mouth was filled with beloved shawarma goodness.

Tonight will be a nice evening with my friend who is here and hopefully our dinner will include some beautifully crafted shawarmas as the Middle Eastern sun sets. :)

1 comment:

Randy & Laura said...

I have to agree that shawarmas are fantastic! Hope you have a great day :)