Wednesday, November 05, 2008

After the Election: Trusting Jesus and Longing for Him

I think the best blog I read in response to the election was from Mark Driscoll, pastor of Mars Hill Church in Seattle. Click here to read.

"There is a hope that burns within my heart
That gives me strength for every passing day
A glimpse of glory now revealed in meager part
Yet drives all doubt away.
I stand in Christ with sins forgiv'n
And Christ in me the hope of heav'n
My highest calling and my deepest joy
To make His will my own."

-from Stuart Townend's "There Is A Hope"

"He led them by the straight way till they reached a city to dwell in. Let them thank the Lord for his steadfast love, for his wondrous works to the children of man! For he satisfies the longing soul and the hungry soul he fills with good things."
Psalm 107.7-9


Make more of Jesus.

No comments: