Monday, June 02, 2008

Morning and Evening

"What then my soul is best for you to do? First learn to be content with this divine order, and be willing, with Job, to receive evil from the hand of the Lord as well as good. Then study to make the morning dawns and evening fades call forth songs of joy. Praise the Lord for the sun of joy when it rises, and for the gloom of evening as it falls. There is beauty both in sunrise and sunset. Sing of it and glorify the Lord. Like the nightingale, pour forth your notes at all hours. Believe that the night is as useful as the day. The dews of grace fall heavily in the night of sorrow."
Charles Spurgeon


Lord, let me pour forth your notes at all hours! No matter what comes, Lord, let me fix my eyes on you and walk. How can I fear with you as my faithful Lord? Do I fear leaving friends and the comforts of my earthly home? You are my home, Lord. Do I fear hurt and pain coming to the heart of a beloved friend? Lord, you hold them in your hands sovereignly and care for them like I never could. My circumstances swirl around me and confuse me, making me feel out of His will. No matter how I feel and know matter what mistakes I have made though, I know that I am a sinner and I have a Savior! Praise the Lord for giving of himself for me! Praise the Lord for laying down his life for me! Oh, how I do not deserve such love! It is the reason I sing though! Lord, teach me ever more that I am a sinner and you are my Savior. Then I shall love you wholly and then I shall love others purely. Touch my lips with your saving grace and I will sing a song of your mercy and love.

No comments: