Monday, June 23, 2008

Dancing In God's Love


Ha, well I just finished dancing in my room for the first time in forever! I'm not sure what I was doing but I was sitting here in my room on the ship and put on some Passion hymns and somewhere in the middle of "O For A Thousand Tongues To Sing" I couldn't help but begin hopping around my room dancing and worshipping Jesus! I was wary though from a previous time I did this on the ship when I hit my head quite hard in the midst of my dancing. :) These words are so wonderful as they point to Jesus and exalt His power and glory!

O for a thousand tongues to sing
my dear Redeemer's praise,
the glories of my God and King,
the triumphs of his grace!

Jesus! the name that charms our fears,
that bids our sorrows cease;
'tis music in the sinner's ears,
'tis life and health and peace.

He breaks the power of cancelled sin,
he sets the prisoner free:
his blood can make the foulest clean;
his blood availed for me.

He speaks; and, listening to his voice,
new life the dead receive,
the mournful broken hearts rejoice,
the humble poor believe.


No, but what hit me in the midst of my dancing was what I had learned recently from Charles Spurgeon which I quoted in one of my earlier posts. "No! never should we have had a grain of love towards God unless it had been sown in us by the sweet seed of His love to us." As I danced I couldn't help but smile and rejoice in His love as I realized that I would not even have been dancing if it was not for His love and the fact I was dancing right then was proof of His love for me. In fact, I really was dancing in His love! I have to tell you, it made me only smile and dance all the more! :)
I love the refrain that David Crowder adds to the hymn,

So come on and sing loud
let our anthem grow loud
there is one great love,
there is one great love, Jesus!!!!!


Yes, there is one and only one great love for us in Jesus. I want to keep dancing for him and not only that but I want to live for him, to preach His name, to bring glory to His name in whatever way He leads me!

Lord, let me dance in your love, share the Gospel in your love, talk to others in your love, sleep in your love, breathe in your love, and be forever humbled by your love in Jesus. May my dancing always be in the shadow of the cross and the grace that found me and continues to find me.

No comments: