Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Traffic, A Blessing

I was stuck in traffic yesterday for probably two hours. I was tempted to get stressed out and I did a little but I had a thought as I sat there, not moving at all. I was surrouned by all these other cars, all stopped just like me and I imagined the thousand people stuck in this one traffic jam alone. Not to mention all the other traffic jams going on at that very second. Every single one of us sitting in our cars were likely reacting selfishly, if only in thought, to the fact that we are sitting in a car and not moving. Sitting in car and not moving. That's not such a bad predicament. It dawned on me in that moment the silliness of it all. meanwhile God was putting on a show in his creation. A rainbow cloud, beautiful trees, and the sun that was just beginning its evening descent. Thank you Lord, for slowing me down so I could actually appreciate it all. I look up and pull my car up three feet before stopping again. I look outside the window again at the trees, the sun, and the clouds. It's very beautiful and it makes me smile.

No comments: