Monday, September 25, 2006

Remains of the Night

So I woke up this morning with thoughts on my mind other than Jesus. Not necessarily a surprise but this morning it was particularly revealing. The night before I had felt close to Jesus and I began wondering in the morning whether or not the idolatrous thoughts now on my mind had only but been in hiding the night before. I have a funny feeling that they were.
In a way, mornings like this can be helpful in that they show very clearly what needs to be purged from my life. And the start to this purging is inviting Jesus to be the center of my day and to rekindle my heart's affection for him. That's how today has started off. Throughout the day already though, I can feel my heart as it is so easily seduced. So Lord, please captivate my heart that you may command its full affection. May other thoughts, both big and small in my mind, sink away in light of you as you sit on the throne of my life.

No comments: