Thursday, September 21, 2006

Pride and Prejudice

What a simply beautiful movie. I was watching the version with Keira Knightley and it has become on of my favorite movies now. It easily in my top 3. I had seen the movie a few times before but still found myself coming to tears when I saw it again recently. Maybe this is because I am at the same point in my life as Darcy and relate so deeply with Darcy's cold and lonely hands that need someone to provide warmth.
I always cry when Elizabeth walks in on Georgiana playing the piano and Darcy is standing there watching his sister. Finally the walls that stood so high between Darcy and Elizabeth are crumbling and their hearts are reaching out to make contact. Georgiana is so beautiful and innocent as she plays the piano. Darcy is so admiring as he watches her. Elizabeth is so vulnerable as she walks in. Georgiana's loving and playful greeting is like a sweet salve to Elizabeth's exposed heart.
I can't help but cry the rest of the movie in and out. It is much the same feeling I describe in the progressive journal I sent to my friend, Virginia. It is the feeling of winter turning to spring and how beautiful are the first breaths of fresh spring air as the sun makes your skin tingle with new warmth. Somehow watching the movie, I can't help but feel that my Savior and Lord is behind it all. Only he could have imagined such feelings as there are between his creatures as they love each other. Truly how beatiful are his thoughts toward us.

No comments: