Sunday, July 13, 2003

Well, the weekend is over which normally would be a bad thing except that I had a great weekend and this next week is my last week of Calculus for the summer. By the way, the Kenny Chesney concert was definitely an interesting experience. My dad was decked out in his bluejeans, cowboy boots, and cowboy hat. I did not own any of those items except for the blue jeans but I did wear my older brother's cowboy hat. We were glad we did though because guess what...everyone else there had cowboys hats! Surprise, surprise. The one thing that struck me the most the whole trip was just the beauty of God's creation. There were beautiful drives down two lane roads with green forest hanging over, filtering sunlight, scattering it in patches around us. What a peaceful drive and good time spent together. We got to the concert a little late but still got a spot on the grass. Deana Carter ended up opening and we walked in to her playing my favorite of her songs, "We Danced Anyway". Something about good country love songs just really moves me. They are songs about simple things, and love so often shows itself in these simple things. As I was listening to one song being played, I was just filled with this longing to be with that person God has waiting for me and how wonderful it would be to share this time with her. We were up on a hill on lawn seats and the night was just beautiful. Storms cloud were passing over and lightning kept flashing behind the pavillion. I looked up at the sky during this song and was just struck by the beauty of the wind, the lightning, the clouds, and the full moon that peeked through every so often. It was as if God was saying, "Patrick, I am in control. Don't worry about her, she is in My hands now." I was just filled with this desire to rest in the beauty of all that He is and I thought, what a faithful and loving God! Anyway, it was a nice time spent with my dad though with two big introverts, you can imagine the social activity wasn't too high. Sometimes just being with someone you care about is enough to make it worthwhile.
I made a cd recently with a lot of hymns and some worship and am sending it out to a bunch of people. Feel free to request one and I would be happy to send it. I have spent money on less worthwhile things so it's no problem. I get to go up to White Sulphur Springs at the end of the week. It is a Christian retreat center where I have been working for countless summers. It's hard to describe the place except filled with God's presence and there's always people I love there that I haven't seen in so long. They always have square and line dancing every other week which is actually a lot of fun..atleast for me. You might be pleasantly surprised too. This old guy has been running the square dance with his record player since I was really little. For some reason his wife would always ask me to dance. I guess I am attractive to old women:) Is that's a bad thing? She kept looking at me funny when I would just make up my own steps. I guess they take their square dancing seriously..hmm. I always wanted to take dance lessons, like salsa dancing or swing dancing...there is still time, I guess. Still time for you too...:)

No comments: