Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Love & Timing

There are things in life that I wish would come sooner. Such things often come to the surface when I pray. Ha, those can sometimes be quite passionate prayers! Other times though I wish things would come later. So what really should I pray? First of all, I think the simple act of actually praying has done more to teach me about this than anything else. Recently, in the middle of praying, I was caught in this dilemma. It began to dawn on me that the best timing for anything is that which brings the most glory to Jesus Christ. So that has become my prayer and it's so awesome to pray with that in mind! It would look something likes this:

"Lord I want you to come back today! I just want to be with you finally and forever! But come back when it will bring the most glory to you for I know that is best and will bring me the most joy as well!"

That is how it should be too, I think. If we love God, such prayers overflow from our hearts and in His love for us, He brings about His glory to the maximum extent in our lives even when it's not what we planned or expected. It seems that once our love and joy gets intertwined with God's glory is when things start to get crazy! It takes us to whole other level of being satisfied in God on a daily basis. We can rejoice amidst trials and sunshine, torture and sweet times of fellowship, death and life, all because our love and joy are tied up in God's glory and do not depend on anything else. We can always rest assured that His timing is perfect in everything in our lives and we can rejoice out of love knowing that His glory is daily being revealed IN US! That is such a miracle that light shines into darkness, namely the darkness of our own hearts!

Come soon, Jesus! We eagerly wait for you! But come when you glory will shine the brightest! Lord, make that our prayer in every part of our lives.

No comments: