Sunday, January 25, 2009

Starbucks in Dubai

Here are a few clandestine photos taken at the Starbucks in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. You can see the Arabic writing on the sign. I'm not sure how they translated Starbucks into Arabic...I guess I should have asked somebody. You can see the Arab women, blurry black hooded figures, rushing by in the foreground. I had to turn my flash off for these pictures since Arabs generally don't appreciate photos being taken of them.

This is the traditional Starbucks counter but neat to see the Arab gentleman waiting impatiently for his frappicino.

Okay, this nice Arab man found a table by himself to enjoy his frappucino and probably would have pulled out the sabre hidden beneath his garments if he caught me taking this.

This was not taken in Starbucks. It is basically a random picture of me and my friend Matt's feet. I have seen the female species take pictures like this of their feet when in groups. I was trying to see what the big deal was. I guess it looks pretty cool?

No comments: