Monday, November 26, 2007

In The Palm Of Your Hand

I'm sitting in Starbucks in Newport, Rhode Island and I've been surprised by the music that they play. Much of the Christmas music that they play is religious and just now the song, "In The Palm Of Your Hand' came on by Alison Krauss. I have loved the song for so many years and it was so beautiful to recognize it almost as soon as it started playing. I love the words so much.

If I could have the world and all it owns
A thousand kingdoms, a thousand thrones
If all the earth were mine to hold
With wealth my only goal

I'd spend my gold on selfish things
Without the love that Your life brings
Just a little bit more is all I'd need
'Til life was torn from me

I'd rather be in the palm of Your hand
Though rich or poor I may be
Faith can see right through the circumstance
Sees the forest in spite of the trees
Your grace provides for me

If I should walk the streets no place to sleep
No faith in promises You keep
I'd have no way to buy my bread
With a bottle for my bed

But if I trust the One who died for me
Who shed His blood to set me free
If I live my life to trust in You
Your grace will see me through

So wonderful to hear a song sitting in Starbucks that is so exalting of Christ and that he shed his blood to set us free.

1 comment:

Olivia said...

Patrick,
Good to see you are home safely. Hope you're enjoying the holidays with your family and getting some rest.